- Dates may be considered as an almost ideal food, providing a wide range of essential nutrients and potential health benefits.
- The sugar content of ripe dates is about 80%; the remainder consist of protein, fat and mineral products including copper, sulfur, iron, magnesium and fluoric acid.
- Dates are high in fiber and an excellent source of potassium.
- Dates are reputed to be useful in treating respiratory disorders, as well as a solve the heart disease and stimulant the blood flow. It is believed to be of benefit to pregnant women. Studies have shown that Dates contain certain stimulants which strengthen the muscles of the uterus in the last few month of pregnancy. This would then assist in the dilation of the uterus at the time of delivery. Dates are also recommended for women in the post- partum period and lactating due to its value as a nutritious, high energy food.
- Dates are high in fiber, contains a number of vitamins and minerals. Dates are ideal snacks for children and as well as adults.
- Date are perfect natural snack
- Dates are high in potassium. It has 2.5 times the amount of potassium in bananas. Dates can Protect against the buildup of Cholesterol. Dates contain no sodium.
- Dates are delicious and sweet. Dates can be taken as it is or stuffed with nuts